Booze, Baseball, and another "B"

Thursday, April 07, 2005

Miller Time

I forgot to mention earlier in the week, my nomination for the Worst Movie of the Year (criteria: released this year and I have seen it) came out on DVD this week. Elektra!! What really sucks about this DVD release is that I am very confident that at some point in time in the future I am going to own this movie.

The other Frank Miller work (inspired by his work vs. his own work) currently hitting the movie world, Sin City, is 10x better, and right now is my pick for Best Movie of the Year (again, released so far, and something that I have seen). There should be MANY films this year which compete for the "Best of the Year" title, and I eagerly anticipate seeing where Sin City ends up. If this year's movies end up like last year's terrible slate of offerings, I may have to boycott seeing movies ever again.

Congrats are in order for Gil de Ferran, who this week assumed control over the race operations of the BAR Formula 1 team. I don't know how he's going to get everything to work for them (stuff like...the lead driver signing with another team but then being told he has to stay where he is, engines blowing up left and right...minor stuff really), but he's a good guy and I wish him the best.

One of these days I'm going to win the 24 Hour races in GT4; then I should be eligible for those kinds of jobs.

3 Comments:

  • Playa holla'd back at!

    So, do you suppose the FF movie will surpass Elektra as crappiest movie of the year?

    By Blogger Jim, at 4/08/2005 11:47 AM  

  • I certainly hope not. I think that it was an internet exclusive trailer I saw that gave me more hope for the FF movie; the first trailer was anything but exciting.

    "The Human Torch was denied a bank loan." - Ron Burgundy, Anchorman.

    By Blogger Jason, at 4/10/2005 11:39 PM  

  • Dude, with The Commish as a superhero, how can you go wrong?

    "You know, studies have shown, it works 60 percent of the time, every time." - Brian Fontana

    By Blogger brett, at 4/11/2005 1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home