Booze, Baseball, and another "B"

Monday, April 25, 2005

Some post weekend randomness...

This weekend Yahoo seemed to have quite the fixation on jeans. It seemed like their Buzz Log about jeans was up all weekend. On Friday, the NY Times had the same fixation. Now, while I love a pair of nice jeans on a nice girl, is this something that guys need to be jumping on? I don't really know if the answer is yes or no. What I do know is that some of these jeans are really expensive (and that it is possible to find some good deals on some of them, such as at Nordstrom Rack). Bluefly has some Dolce and Gabbana jeans which has an MSRP of $600 on sale right now.

What's going on with the Mariners? They're so close to doing really well, but they haven't quite made it over the hump yet. I think that in the summer they're going to be awesome; once the lineup starts hitting, they are going to be really tough to stop. I think that the pitching is pretty solid (what is Meche's problem?!), and that the defense is ok (not nearly as good as it was being touted as being before the season). When everything comes together for these guys, and I'm confident that it will, they are going to be a tough team to beat.

This weekend both XXX: State of the Union and Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy are coming out. I don't know which one is going to end up on top, but I think that it might be Hitchhiker's Guide, though from what I've seen XXX is going to be in a few more theaters. I don't really understand why the release dates for these movies weren't moved around a little bit; I think that they are really going to cannibalize eachother's boxoffice. Regardless, Episode III is less than a month away; and that is arguably much more important.

And there's going to be a Star Wars TV show. I don't have any opinion on this little bit of news, just the news bit itself.

As of this writing, the Mariners are 9-10. They are in last place in the AL West, 2 games out of first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home