Booze, Baseball, and another "B"

Sunday, April 10, 2005

They sucked his brains out!

I was watching Celebrity Poker Showdown tonight on Bravo, and much to my disappointment, Dave Foley seems to have been replaced by Kevin Pollack as co-host of the show!! I have yet to hear if this is a permanent change or not, but if it is, I'll be EXTREMELY disappointed. There are a lot of good reasons to watch Celebrity Poker Showdown, but Dave Foley was probably the best reason. Anyone who either watches regularly or watched last Sunday knows exactly what I mean.

Tough loss for the M's today. What's this I hear about a Seattle fan going "Steve Bartman" on a ball that Ichiro was going after?! I didn't see it, but I read that after catching the ball the guy offered it to Ichiro!! If I knew that guy (I am not aware that I do), I would wear an "I'm with Stupid" shirt whenever I was in his presence from now on. Seriously....

Had I been sitting next to him when that happened, I think that our conversation would have gone something like this:

"DUDE!"
"AHHHHHHHH!! I'm sorry!
"DUUUUUUDE!"
"I don't know what came over me!"
"DUDE!"

While vacationing this last weekend, I watched my oft-neglected Starship Troopers Superbit DVD. While I thought that the video quality was nice, I didn't think that it was a huge improvement over the Special Edition. That being said, I did not do an A-B comparison to check, so I don't know for sure. What I do know for sure is that Starship Troopers is one damn fine film.

The ESPN/Degree All-In Poker Challenge weekly qualifer tournament didn't go so well for me today. I gotta find some kind of good luck charm; be it person, socks, hat, shirt, whatever. If I don't, I think whole pro-poker player thing is going to have to go... and that would SUCK.

As of this writing, the Mariners are 2-4, 4th place in the AL West, 1 game back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home