Booze, Baseball, and another "B"

Sunday, May 08, 2005

Rise a knight!

Kingdom of Heaven racked up a paltry $20 Million this last weekend. Having seen the movie, at first I didn't think very highly of it. After reading Roger Ebert's review of the film, I kind of see the movie a little bit better, but I still don't think that it is a great film. Rumors on the web are indicating that a 4 disk DVD special edition, with a 220 minute cut of the film (which should actually help it a lot in this case), is coming out; if that proves true I'll be first in line to get one.

After watching the new Mr. & Mrs. Smith trailer on Apple's site, I think that movie just might end up being better than Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever. Although I'm not quite sure that they're going to go ballistic more than Ecks and Sever did.

For those who don't have it, the new Revenge of the Sith soundtrack is pretty good. Not great, but good. I was asking myself as I was listening to it, why is it that the soundtracks for episodes IV-VI are all two disks, while the soundtracks for episodes I-III are one disk? The DVD that is included with the Episode III soundtrack is pretty cool too. It was really hyped up for me, based on what I had read about it online, and it did not live up to that hype, however it was still pretty cool.

3 Comments:

  • I picked up the disc too, and I have to agree. Most of it was solid, but not mind blowing. There were a few tracks (the Duel of the Fates "chanty" type tracks) that got me pretty fired up for the film, though. Haven't watched the DVD yet; since there's apparently footage from EpIII in there, I don't want to risk knowing any more than I already do.

    I'd thought the 2-disc versions of EpIV-VI soundtracks had been made available at the time of the Special Edition releases (1997), and hadn't been around (at least in an officially licensed version) prior to then. Could pretty easily be wrong, but it might suggest there'll be a more comprehensive score available further down the road (when the S.E. IMAX versions of I-III are released, no doubt).

    By Blogger Jim, at 5/09/2005 12:40 AM  

  • 'more ballistic than echs and sever did'
    Clever.
    Very clever.

    Mike

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/10/2005 11:18 AM  

  • The Episode III footage wasn't too revealing. It's basically the trailer with a few more shots. Being that we know what happens, nothing in there was a surprise to me. And most of the stuff was presented in such a way that if you didn't know what was going to happen in the film, you might not see what's going on in the clip. And if I remember, it's all just in one of the sections.

    One thing that I was a little disappointed about was the Episode III footage. I'm glad that they took pains to avoid spoiling parts of the movie before it comes out, but in the future, that part of the disk is going to be considered especially weak.

    By Blogger Jason, at 5/10/2005 11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home