Booze, Baseball, and another "B"

Sunday, May 01, 2005

The Speed 2 of xXx movies...

Continuing the horrible streak of bad movies that started last year, xXx: State of the Union sucked.

Just to make sure, I went back and watched xXx today, and I was able to verify that xXx: State of the Union does in fact suck.

To summarize Eric, it was the xXx version of Speed 2, complete with Willem Dafoe as the terribly scripted villain.

However, in the film's defense, the car this time around looked great. It was in the film for all of 27 seconds, but it looked great.

And on top of the fact that the movie sucked, America apparently knew that it was going to suck, as it was only able to make a measly $13.7 Million, coming in behind last week's "The Interpreter" (and losing me over $400k on the HSX). That was rad too.

This week we've got Kingdom of Heaven coming out, and though it's a Ridley Scott movie, I'm not going to get my hopes up. Not that I think the movie is going to be bad because of anything that I've seen from it, simply there's been so many bad movies since 2004 (possibly the worst year for movies in recent memory), I don't think that there's a lot of hope for Kingdom of Heaven. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home