Booze, Baseball, and another "B"

Monday, June 13, 2005

Here comes the rain again....

...Falling on my head like a memory, falling on my head like a new emotion....is it raining with you?

The problem with the rain on Saturday, the weather was nice on Friday and on Sunday, just not on Saturday. Of all the days to get an inch of rain in about 3 hours, I'm sure that I could have picked a better day than Saturday.

On a related note, I highly recommend shopping at Brooks Brothers. If you happen to have something unfortunate happen to your shirt and tie (such as, oh I don't know, an inch of rain make the red in your tie run onto your shirt), they are all to happy to help you out, and in my case quickly replace the damaged/defective items. Good stuff.

I no longer believe that it is possible to get a job via applying online. If someone would like to prove me wrong, that'd be great. Bring it.

According the Seattle PI, the Mariners "marooned" 10 runners who were in scoring position in their loss to the Nationals yesterday. I really like the word choice there. I think that it very well encapsulates fan's bewilderment at how the hitting on this team just is not there. Going into the season, the complaint was that the pitching wouldn't be solid, but that just hasn't been the case; the hitting has been anemic (to be nice about it). The pitchers are 8th in the AL in ERA (which isn't great, but is fairly solid; they'd be much better if some players had been making some plays they should have been making). I don't expect to see much in the way of trades coming from the M's, but there's always a chance.

As of this writing, the Mariners are 3rd in the AL West, 9.5 games behind the Angels.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home