Booze, Baseball, and another "B"

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

The Magic 8-Ball says...

Even though the M's are out of it, there is still the magical October baseball postseason to watch and look forward to. Who's doing what? Here are my prognostications.

Boston vs. Chicago White Sox = Boston. I want to tell you that it's going to be alright, and that the ChiSox are going to beat the Evil Consortium (that's Boston if you didn't know, NYY is the Evil Empire so BOS needs a moniker too), but I can't. I like Chicago's pitching, but their hitting hasn't been great lately.

NY Yanks vs. Angels = Yankees. If nothing else I want the Yankees to win this because: the Angels are from the Mariners' division and they're in the playoffs instead of the M's, and because I hate the way the ANAHEIM Angels changed their name. Go Big Unit (I can't root for Pay-Rod however). That being said, the Yankees may still be crying about Buck Showalter conspiring to take home field advantage away from them.

Houston vs. Atlanta = Houston. The guys at ESPN really like Houston, and I'm down with them too. I think that their pitching, particularly The Rocket, gives them a huge edge. On top of that, when was the last time ATL did anything in the playoffs? Hot-lanta? Not in October.

San Diego vs. St. Louis = St. Louis. In the battle of the Saints, I'm all about STL. Pujols and company are going to spank the 2-games-over-.500 Padres.

If my pick all turn out right, here's how the rest of the postseason will go:

BOS v. NYY = Yanks. Boston can't get lucky twice. The curse needs to come back to Boston like Lou Pinella needs to come back to Seattle.

HOU v. STL = HOU. I'm really going out on a limb here, but sometimes you have to go with your gut. I really see this series as a coin-flip, it could go either way. This'll be a seven game series.

HOU v. NYY = HOU. Mostly I'm picking the Astros to win the World Series because as a Mariners fan it is tough for me to stomach a NYY World Series appearance, much less a win. I'm really hoping that two ex-Yanks can pull the team through what will be a tough series. On top of that, when was the last time the Yankees won a World Series? Wasn't Clinton the President? In addition to that, Pay-Rod can't win a World Series. EVER.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home