Booze, Baseball, and another "B"

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Completely Lost....

Is anyone still watching Lost?

I still am trying to keep my viewership going, but I must admit that it's getting very tough. To put it bluntly, the show sucks now.

What happened to the magic from season 1? The first season was excellent; the cast was great, the story was great and it got better as it went along, even the backstories were interesting. But from the first episode of season two on, Lost has been lost.

The story has progressed almost none. The new characters are completely disinteresting, other than Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje's character and he's getting dangerously close to stagnation. The backstory episodes have sucked. All the regular characters from last season have done nothing and been boring this season.

They're pushing a button! That's what has happened this season!

Tonight's episode focused on Michelle Rodriguez's character and her backstory. You could have almost guessed it! She was a cop, who got shot, then came back and got revenge on the guy. I will admit that I am interested in finding out what brought her to Australia, but not that interested. Last week was probably the worst episode from the two seasons, a horrible crash course in the life of the survivors of the tail section. It jumped around, strangely mirrored the main contingent's story, and really didn't tell you ANYTHING.

Is Michelle Rodriguez the reason why the show sucks now? I don't think that I could say she's the whole reason, but I would say that she's certainly contributing. She's playing.... Michelle Rodriguez in the show, the same character she was in: SWAT, Resident Evil, and The Fast and the Furious. Does she have no range? I can't answer that question, but I would like to see more depth from the character and from her acting. While I think that she's been bogging the show down a little, the blame has to be placed on the writing and the directing. The actors can only do so much with what they have, and the writing last year was far superior.

Having seen an excerpt from an interview with one of the shows creators who said it, I am now completely convinced that the writers have no idea what is going on and they're just making it up as they go along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home