Booze, Baseball, and another "B"

Saturday, November 26, 2005

I am the smartest man alive....

Not that the above tidbit is news or anything.

Why the title? Because that was exactly what I was thinking as I watched the trailer for the upcoming Dead or Alive (DoA) movie. No, not the terrible Takashi Miike film trilogy, but the upcoming movie based on the excellent fighting game series.

The movie features Natassia Malthe, of Elektra fame (pictured), along with Devon Aoki (2 Fast 2 Furious), Jaimie Pressley (Torque), a bunch of other people you'd probably recognize if you watch as many bad movies as I do, and apparently wrestler Kevin Nash is playing... Nash... who's a wrestler.

What about that trailer makes me genius? Some time ago I was smart enough to buy a ton of DOA shares on the HSX. I mean, the movie's written by the guy who wrote Under Siege, directed by Cory Yuen, and produced by Paul W. Anderson (of Mortal Kombat fame). How could it be bad? Sure it's written by the guy who wrote Pretty Woman and produced by the guy who directed AvP and produced Resident Evil: Apocalypse, but focus on the positive.

I'm not even sure if I can convince myself to go see this movie when it comes out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home