Booze, Baseball, and another "B"

Monday, December 12, 2005

Snakes on a plane, man. Snakes on a plane....

What is going to be the #1 movie in the month of August 2006?

It probably won't be Snakes on a Plane. But there is a possibility it might be.

After being told about this movie by a couple of friends, I started to get a little interested in it. Both of these guys mentioned the movie to me within a day of eachother, but neither of them had talked to the other about it. Also, neither had frequented the same websites. What attracted them to the movie?

The movie's title. It is a pretty fantastic title, I'll give you that. Do you know what the movie is about? You don't even have to know that Samuel L. Jackson is in it to have some idea what you'll be getting into. SNAKES are on A PLANE.

Last night I came across some internet posts and articles about it, and everyone seems to be of the same opinion, they're interested in the movie because the title has a campy-fun sound to it, and they want to see Sam Jackson in it.

I finally acquired the maximum HSX shares of this film. I had held off, since I thought maybe I was the only one who thought the campy title made this a movie to see in the theater. Being that there are only a few on-set shots circulating on the internet, and the movie is already starting to get buzz (a year ahead of time, which usually only happens with FX-laden big budget blockbusters), it seems like a solid investment.

Still not sold on Snakes on a Plane? What if I told you the phrase has already made its way into American vernacular? Honestly, I'm serious!

So mark your calendars with another 2006 film date, this one 8/16/2006.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home