Booze, Baseball, and another "B"

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Forza Italia!....

Ok, so I'm watching Top Gear the other night (catching up on eps I haven't seen), and I see the Maserati MC12 episode.

I should probably say that I'm a huge Maserati fan. I've always thought that they were an awesome marque, and I've always wanted one (yes, I even thought the Chrysler Le Baron Maserati was cool, back when it was new). I was happy a few years ago to hear the Ferrari had purchased them (since Maserati bounces from owner to owner like a pinball), but now they've sold them off, to Alfa Romeo (which is true and isn't at the same time; FIAT owns both Ferrari and Alfa, so they're still basically with the same company).

I didn't know about the Maserati MC12. I was pretty surprised to hear the Ferrari put a new skin on the Enzo, and badged it a Maserati. I think it's a good move, but really I can't see it increasing sales that much, since I don't think it looks anywhere near as good as the Enzo does (and let me say, I do think the Enzo is a beautiful automobile), and you have to be a gazillionaire to afford one.

I was a little surprised the MC12 didn't get more care in its coverage. The clip feels similar to many of the other Top Gear clips done for lesser cars. That being said, a regular Top Gear segment is better than anything else out there, so I'm not complaining. I also like the Maserati retrospective.

How often does The Stig have to psych himself up to drive a car?! That's a pretty big complement for the MC12.



This Enzo clip really is quite good. It features one of my favorite Clarkson quotes of all time, "I've never known such savagery!!" Of course, the clip should be good; you don't get cars this good very often.



Technorati tags: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home