Booze, Baseball, and another "B"

Saturday, February 18, 2006

They're so shiny, they're tough to avoid....

Yes, they're DVDs! With the new formats coming soon (recently delayed, now maybe not delayed, but probably coming soon), new DVD purchases are a tough sell for me, someone who's actively planning on upgrading to Blu-Ray ASAP. However, some stuff you have a tough time avoiding.

First off, take Final Fantasy: Advent Children. I've been waiting for an official release of this film for some time now, and it's finally coming. It's a little later than I thought it would be, but it's coming soon; April 25th. It'll be available in a 2-disc special edition. Included, at no extra charge, is some decent cover art.

After that, the long-rumored 4-disc special edition Kingdom of Heaven is coming May 23rd. I'm a little torn on this release, as I thought that Kingdom of Heaven wasn't very good. I thought that when I saw it in the theater, and after watching the DVD recently, I still think I was right. But the idea of a 4 disc, with almost 50 minutes of added footage, is appealing. Maybe the added footage makes the movie good, maybe it's almost an hour of crap. I don't know.

On the "I won't go near it" front, Sony's decided since they now own MGM, everything that MGM has released on DVD needs to come out again. Hence, we're getting the Windtalkers Director's Cut. Of course, that's been available for sometime, but I think that this new one might have some new features on it. Along the same war movie DVD re-release lines, Fox is putting out new 2 disc special editions of: Patton, The Longest Day, and Tora! Tora! Tora! Being that I own 2/3rds of that list, buying them again is going to be a tough sell, but they do have some decent features listed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home