Booze, Baseball, and another "B"

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Clerks II....

I was able to take in a showing of Clerks II last night (since I'm home, and not at the ComicCon), and I was surprised at how much I liked it.

Having seen the trailers for the film, I thought it was going to be terrible. The trailers showed little that was funny, and hinted at more K.Smith-religion-bashing (I'm not religious, but when people go on and on about it, that gets on my nerves).

The movie is very crude, and pretty funny. It definitely is not perfect (not as good as Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back), having too many periods where nothing happens and character development gets pushed a little too far.

Taking all that into account, if you're a Kevin Smith fan, don't feel bad about going to see this movie. If you're not a fan, it's definitely worth a rental, and maybe a theater trip if the weather is too hot in your area.

Next week: Miami Vice!

Technorati tags: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home