Booze, Baseball, and another "B"

Saturday, August 19, 2006

So kiss me goodbye, I can see the venom in their eyes....

SNAKES ON A PLANE!!!

I was able to see the movie last night, and it was everything I hoped it would be. With as much hype as there was surrounding this film, I wasn't sure if it really would be all that good. You know that Sam Jackson is going to be great (read: he's going to be Samuel L. Jackson, the guy whose IMDB pic is from SWAT), but is the movie going to be good? I ended up being very happy not just with the film, but the whole theater experience.

Yes, there were rubber snakes flying all over the theater. Yes, people were talking at the characters on the screen ("Don't go over there!! Watch out!"). Yes, there was cheering, LOTS of cheering. Yes, people were hissing during the movie. And you know what, it came close to being as fun as a Star Wars opening night crowd, it was hilarious and it was a lot of fun. If you have a stick up your ass and you can't enjoy a whole theater full of people getting into a movie (especially a 900 person theater), then maybe you should wait until Sunday to see the movie, but whatever you do, do not miss Snakes on a Plane!

Regarding the movie, it's everything you hoped it was. Sam Jackson is a badass, the violence is completely over the top, the snakes are crazy CGI (they looked terrible and great at the same time), there is plenty of humor, a funny twist toward the end, Kenan Thompson is in it, there's an evil badguy whose footage was totally shot by a second unit, a harpoon gun, and people joining the mile-high club. See the movie!

As you may or may not be able to tell by the title of this post, I'm totally down with the main song from the soundtrack. I even went out and got the album. Yes, I do hate myself for liking this song, but I just can't help it. I don't know what it is (probably Snakes on a Plane mania, or maybe the music video included in the credits of the film), but I like it. I probably won't like it a week from now, but I like it right now!

Check out previous Snakes on a Plane coverage.

Technorati tags: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home