Booze, Baseball, and another "B"

Monday, September 17, 2007

Decisions are tough....

As I prepare for my trip to the Bundesrepublik Deutschland, I've spent a lot of time mulling over what online photo options are available to me.

I currently use both Flickr and Picasa Web Albums. I like both of them, and I think they both work well for recreational use. The problem that I'm faced with is that I generally like Google's offerings better than Yahoo's, and I want to go with Picasa, but I think that for my trip Flickr would work much better.

Being that I haven't been on an international trip in 10 years (Canada isn't that international), I'm not really sure what to expect in the way of pictures. I think that I'm probably going to be taking pics obnoxiously, just so I know that I'll have excellent documentation of my first trip to Germany. But at the same time, I don't know how many I'll take, and that's part of my problem.

For the Picasa option, I can pay $20 and get 6 GB of storage (why is it that my Gmail has more storage than Picasa?), or I can pay $25 at Flickr and get unlimited. It makes perfect sense to get the Flickr deal (which I will probably do this week), but for some reason I just can't pull the trigger right away. I want to get the Google option, but know that it's not as good.

So the point of all this? Check my Flickr account during October for some hopefully very enjoyable Oktoberfest photos.

Other preparation for my trip has included a steady diet of Beerfest viewings and listening to lots of Rammstein. I think the next step is to get some Heineken DraughtKegs and drink them down. I figure if I can drink one Draughtkeg per night for at least 40% of the days left until my trip, I'll be much better prepared for these. I realize that the Heineken doesn't really come close to the the beers offered at Oktoberfest; it's more the volume piece of it (5 liters a pop). Did you know you are supposed to chill the Draughtkeg for 10 hours? I might have to buy 4 at a time at that rate.

In addition to that, I'm really leaning toward the iPod Touch 16 GB. That WiFi capability has me SOLD. I just don't know about the price. I also need to get some camera gear, and a luggage bag (which I've picked out and plan on blogging about once I receive it).

Until then, good night and good luck.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home