Booze, Baseball, and another "B"

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Blade Runner: The Final Cut....

On Saturday I had an opportunity to take in a showing of Blade Runner: The Final Cut at the Cinerama. I was quite happy with it; the restoration looked great, obviously the film is good, and having the opportunity to take in a classic film in a large theater is always fun.

For those wondering, I can't really speak to whether or not it's better than any of the previous versions of the film, that is for each fan to decide. The new stuff added to the film is all excellent and does nothing to detract, but rather adds to the experience. What I can say is that before I saw the movie I was planning on buying the 5 Disc set, but after seeing the film in the theater I'm really leaning toward the Collector's Case. The origami unicorn might have been what sealed the deal.

After my deft Xbox 360 HD DVD drive purchase last week (enough free HD DVDs in store to offset the purchase price of the drive, with another 5 discs coming in the mail), I had been enthusiastic about getting the Blade Runner set in HD, and after seeing how well the movie looked on the big screen I am even more enthusiastic now.

At the screening Warner Bros had people distributing questionnaires about the film, and whether or not people planned on buying the upcoming DVD set. Being that the DVD was put together by Charles de Lauzirika, it's pretty much a no-brainer purchase anyway.

Highly recommended.


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home