Booze, Baseball, and another "B"

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Bionic Commando Rearmed $$....

Ben Judd, the producer of Capcom's genius move and contender for GotY asks yesterday in his blog, how much is Bionic Commando worth to you?

$10 or $15?

This sort of thing makes me sad. People are spending so much money on gaming now, it's gotten to the point where companies are trying to bleed people. As if $60 games weren't enough!! My answer to this question is quite simple:

$10.

I did pay $15 for Puzzle Quest, and I don't think that it was worth it. That should have been a $10 game. If Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, one of the finest games of all time, can come out for $10 on XBL, then that seems to be a pretty good price point for other games. I did not buy Lumines Live because it was too expensive, and by the time they reduced the price to a closer-to-decent level, I had lost interest in the purchase.

Please don't do that to me with Bionic Commando Rearmed. I am totally pumped about this game coming out, but let me be crystal clear, if it's $15, you've lost my money, I absolutely will not buy the game. I was happy to pay $10 for Rez on XBL (a game I already own) and I would be happy to pay $10 on release day for Bionic Commando Rearmed.

I suppose much of this is spurred by people paying $2 per song for Guitar Hero and Rockband songs, and it makes me sad. Money doesn't grow on trees. People in this country are so in debt it isn't funny, and they are pissing money away on these overpriced downloads ($10 for a few Halo maps is another example). The music industry is so pumped about how much people are overpaying for these songs, they're tripping over themselves to try to get in on the action.

Additionally, if you want to get past $10 for game prices, I need physical media. Another example, I really want to get Tekken 5 for the PS3 off the PlayStation Network, but there's no way in hell that I'm going to pay $20 or $30 for it. If it was $10, I would own it months ago.

Why are games worth more now than they were in the last generation? Has a game come out on either the 360 or the Wii or the PS3 that is better than Metal Gear Solid 3? No. Why are they more expensive? Why charge us $60 for something like Heavenly Sword, when there's 5 hours of game there? Why not make games that are as good or better than the last generation, then start thinking about price increases.

Stop eating my sesame seed cake!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home