Booze, Baseball, and another "B"

Friday, August 15, 2008

Bionic Commando: Rearmed is awesome....

I finally took the 360 off hiatus, and downloaded BC: Rearmed. It's made of 100% recycled awesome.

I'm not sure if I can properly word both my enthusiasm and my recommendation for this game. Quite simply, it's perched atop the summit of downloadable games. I don't think there's a better downloadable game out there, and you should run, not walk, to your 360 or PS3 and buy it.

On top of buying the game, I manned up and bought the soundtrack. Capcom was good enough to listen to the fans and bring the game out at the $10 price point, which was a big step for them. I felt that the pricing decision, along with the outstanding achievement that is the BC: Rearmed soundtrack, made the decision to also buy the soundtrack an easy one. You can find the soundtrack on iTunes or on sumthingdigital.com. Buy it, you won't regret it. I'm rocking out to it as I type this post.

As far as the game goes, it's a ton of fun. It takes a bit of getting used to, even for pros who are familiar with the old school version. The grappling arm slightly different than the old version, but every thing is very faithful to the original Bionic Commando, from the character designs, to the levels, to the interactions. While everything is faithful, it's also got a heavy dose of "awesome" added to it. The music really adds a lot to the experience, and the graphics (especially the lighting) are fantastic too.

I've been offline from the now-generation consoles for pretty much this entire summer. For me to have gotten back into the game required a massive effort, and the developers of Bionic Commando: Rearmed should be congratulated. Not only did they make a great game, but they got me to dust off the 360 and turn it on.

Hopefully the game does well for Capcom and we see more of this stuff in the future. A game such as BC: Rearmed is really just a no-brainer purchase, especially when you factor in: quality, price, and fun. Get it ASAP.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home