Booze, Baseball, and another "B"

Thursday, December 04, 2008

Changing face of the Mariners....

Alright, I understand that the Mariners were terrible last year. We need a make over, but does our makeover have to mean bringing in everyone from our division rivals?

I mean, we've got Oakland's hitting coach and Texas' pitching coach! That should have gone the other way around. On top of that, I don't like letting The Sheriff go. Wetteland may have given up Edgar's most memorable home run (GS) ever, but that doesn't make him a better candidate to lead our guys in the 'pen. I hope the organization gives The Sheriff a job within our system.

Otherwise, I can't complain much about what we're doing, since we need a big makeover. The team is terrible, but I don't think the big problem was with the coaches. It's with the players, and those guys need to get swapped out. Build a club around our best player, Ichiro, and it'll all be better again.

Oh, and someone tell the Seattle Times to ease off on their crusade to get Ichiro traded. I don't think they understand how much that'll destroy interest in the Mariners. If that happened, I don't know what I'd do with myself. There'd probably be a mourning period of a few days, then I'd have to boycott the Mariners after participating in the inevitable picketing outside The Safe.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home